Welcome to the SHE-CAN Scholar Application for 2022!
SHE-CAN is looking for young Liberian women interested in applying to join our Leadership Program in 2022! Through the program, accepted scholars will apply for U.S. college and university scholarships, receive guidance and support from a team of U.S. mentors, and participate in leadership training. We’re so glad that you are interested in becoming a SHE-CAN scholar, and we’re looking forward to learning more about you through this online application. The application deadline is November 15, 2021.
Please note: Because this application form does not allow you to save and finish responses at a later date, we recommend that you review the questions on this form and complete your responses in a separate Microsoft Word or text document. You can download a Word document containing the application questions by clicking here. For all questions, please do not exceed the indicated character count. Use the “Word Count” tool in Microsoft Word to determine the character count of your responses. When you have edited and reviewed your responses, copy and paste them into the online application form and submit.
Please have all of the documents below ready when you apply. Unfortunately, we cannot consider your applicaiton without seeing complete transcripts and national exam scores, so wait to submit your application until you have all of the required documents and upload them directly in your application.
- WAEC or WASSCE score report in PDF format
(Note: if you have not yet taken the exam, please provide a written statement describing when you will take it. If you have taken the exam but don’t yet have your scores, please let us know.)
- Grade 10, 11, and 12 transcripts in PDF format
- College or university transcripts in PDF format, if applicable
We’re looking for female applicants who are:
- Between 17-20 years old
- Passionate about changing Liberia
- Graduating secondary school before January 2022
- Living within 1 hour of Monrovia for SAT prep classes
- From a low-income household
- Interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree at a U.S. college or university (SHE-CAN does not help students seeking graduate degrees)
- Already leaders in their school or community
- Academically strong: Consistently ranked high in your class (1st-5th) with strong grades and a passing score on the WAEC/WASSCE. This is important because all U.S. universities are challenging and only accept those with the highest grades.
- Dedicated to the program: Able to dedicate your time in January 2022 – June 2022 to complete the pre-college program. You must agree to not work at a full-time job during this period.
- Able to access a strong internet connection daily
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 1 Year
- IndustryNGO & Development