This role was posted on August 22, 2022 and is open until September 9, 2022. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis but prioritize those who applied within the deadline.
The Role At LMH, we partner with governments to train and grow, or upskill, the community health workforce to increase their performance and deliver high-quality primary healthcare.
The Director of Education and Training is responsible for the management, oversight, and successful implementation of all Upskill activities related to Last Mile Health (LMH) in Liberia. The Director will provide leadership and ensure strategic alignment and effective management of the Last Mile Health Upskill strategy especially for the design, development, and production of courses and eLearning content.
This position will engage with Liberia’s Ministry of Health to identify projects and work that aligns to Upskill strategy and Liberia needs primarily in the community health space. This includes work for continuous professional development, initial training for various cadres in community health (in service and preservice). The Director of Education and Training will track the various projects and seek out opportunities and ensure that all LMH supported work is country led. The Director will coordinate with internal global and cross-country teams to participate in project and knowledge management (PKM), with adaptive management and utilize learnings from across the organization to improve planning processes, development, and evaluations to ensure all are teachers and learners.
This position is open to National Candidates.
Position: One (1)
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
What You’ll Do
● Lead all aspects of curriculum and training design work for Last Mile Health in Liberia including working alongside the Ministry of Health and partners to develop a hybrid competency-based curriculum package for the National Community Health Assistant Program
● Represent the Liberia Upskill viewpoint at the most senior levels of the organization and ensure representation of the Liberia Upskill team in cross-team discussions about strategy, work planning, budgeting, and grant development management or support team members to grow to this role. Act as key relationship holder for relevant Ministry of Health counterparts, donors and other external stakeholders related to the Upskill strategy and represent Last Mile Health in technical discussions.
● Lead team that develops a Quality Assurance Framework and ensure its application through implementation
● Performs final signoff on quality of any deliverables related to Upskill in alignment with LMH Policies and practices
● Identifies areas of opportunity for curriculum deployment based on learner feedback and ensures iteration occurs with each deployment to better reach the intended audience.
● Oversee strategic planning, budgets, work plans, and the overall direction of the team (e.g., team structure and prioritization and delegation of work).
● Work in conjunction with the Global support team on upskill development project
● Utilize established LMH best practices for Upskill development, while refining for country context.
● In partnership with MERL ensure that there is a Learning Agenda and Logic Model as well as M & E plans for Upskill related activities
● Practice adaptive management and other appropriate methodologies for Upskill activities, learning from and updating processes based on data
● Mentor and coach staff with aim of building specialization and emerging leaders on the Upskill team. What You’ll Bring • Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field • 7-10 years of professional experience in public health, curriculum development, and/or digital education.
• Experience working in curriculum development, with a focus on designing and implementing health and education systems (preferably digital) for users in rural or low-resource settings You’ll Impress Us If
● You have professional experience in project planning and management in education and/other related areas, preferably in rural or low-resource settings
● You have a master’s degree in public health, nursing, or education.
● You have direct clinical experience and working knowledge of Liberia’s National CHA Program Training Curriculum or relevant health curricula
● You have experience in health policy work including experience working with the Liberia Ministry of Health and County Health Teams
● You have strong IT fundamentals including a balanced understanding of Microsoft Office suite, Google suite (Gmail, Google Calendars, Google Drive), and an eagerness to learn new IT concepts and analytic techniques within challenging, real-world conditions.
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to the identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process. Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position: The Band for this position: LBR 4 For Liberia, the national staff salary range is $57,140 to $73,691 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role. About Last Mile Health Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities.
LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To Apply Please Click This Link Below: https://lastmilehealth.applytojob.com/apply/2YzCKLoZYu/Director-OfEducation-And-Training?referrer=20220822133449IYRWXFJHOEZKQNY