Abt Associates seeks Chief of Party candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded Liberia Agribusiness/ Agriculture Resilience Activity. The purpose of the project is to strengthen the agribusiness ecosystem and identify and implement innovative, market-driven, cost-effective solutions to increase the income of vulnerable households and communities in targeted regions of Liberia. The project will enhance selected value chains, strengthen related market systems and foster inclusive, resilient growth and improved nutrition outcomes. Work is expected to begin in Summer of 2022. The position is contingent on the contract being awarded to Abt Associates. The COP will be based in Monrovia and will report to Abt Associates’ home office project director based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Provide strategic technical and managerial leadership for all components of the program to ensure quality and timely delivery of the contract.
- Ensure close coordination with and leverage other relevant initiatives of USAID, the private sector, and other donors.
- Oversee and be responsible for the financial and administrative compliance of the project including supervision, support, and direction to managerial and technical staff.
- Ensure clear communications with clients and stakeholders about project activities and accomplishments.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID mission to coordinate program direction to ensure strategic alignment, collaborative learning, and adaption.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in agriculture, rural development, management, public administration, social sciences, international development, or related field.
- More than 12 years of relevant professional experience and at least 8 years of experience leading international development projects of similar scope and budget levels. Specifically:
- Experience managing complex USAID agriculture/resilience development projects valued at $20 million or more.
- Track record of achieving results, e.g., improving food security and growth in targeted value chains.
- Broad understanding of Liberian agribusiness firms and financial institutions and ability to dialogue with the Liberian government.
- Experience with inclusive programming especially around access to finance for women and youth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree + Fifteen years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or PhD + Ten years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
- Offerd Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience8 Years +
- IndustryNGO & Development
- QualificationDoctorate Degree